Thursday, May 29, 2008

Campanelle With Asiago Sauce

8oz dried campanelle or penne pasta
2 small zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup vegetable broth
2 Tbs light cream
3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
1/4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
2 Tbs parsley
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper

1) In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, except add zucchini during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain; return mixture to pan.
2) Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the garlic, wine, and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes. Stir in light cream; heat through.
3) Add sauce, cheese, nuts, parsley, and the pepper to the pasta/zucchini mixture. Toss to coat. Serve.

Review: Ah, once again, I realize once I'm typing this up that I didn't read the directions thoroughly. I didn't toast my nuts. I had also forgotten to buy vegetable broth, so I used 1/2 cup wine. It would have been better with vegetable broth to balance the taste. This was yummy, but will definitely tweak the recipe by actually following the directions next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment