Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Newest Love

So, Mike and I bought the cutest salt and pepper grinder set from Crate & Barrel after our wedding. However, I broke the salt mill over a month ago. I wasn't too heart broken, since we figured out along the way that the super cute "faucet" top to our mills was really hard to turn. So, I did several weeks of shopping for new mills. We bought a set of battery operated mills from Costco, that never worked and were returned. I still really wanted the battery powered ones, but the really good ones used 6 AA batteries EACH. Then, I found the holy grail of mills. Yes, it is a pink salt mill. And I filled it with Himalayan pink salt (my new favorite). It's quite a heavy, well made mill. In fact, it has variable grinds (fine, medium and coarse) and technically doesn't grind the salt, but crushes it. I'm just so excited! Now, I need the matching pepper mill (I couldn't afford both), but Mike hints that he will get it for my birthday. Yay.

1 comment: