Thursday, October 29, 2009

Szechuan Black-Eyed Pea Salad

2 14 oz cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 avocado, cubed
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 Tbs Szechuan sauce
2 tsp sugar

1) Toss together black-eyed peas, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic in large bowl. Toss avocado with lemon juice in separate bowl. Add avocado to black-eyed pea mixture.
2) Whisk together oil, vinegar, Szechuan sauce and sugar in bowl used for avocado. Add to black-eyed pea mixture and toss to mix.

Review: I could have sworn I had two lentil salad recipes for the week and thus opened two cans of lentils. Then, Mike corrected me. Oops. So, what do you do with two opened cans of lentils? You add it to the recipe! I just doubled the dressing ingredients. It turned out wonderfully and was incredibly yummy. I'll just have to be more alert in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment