Monday, November 30, 2009

Pesto Pasta

1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups torn baby spinach leaves
1 tsp dried basil
4 oz cooked spaghetti
2 Tbs shredded mozzarella

1) Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.  Add the nuts and toast them for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add garlic, spinach and basil, and salt and pepper to taste.  Cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, turning frequently.
2) Toss with the cooked pasta and top with cheese.

Review:  I pulled my food processor out of the cabinet before I read the instructions, since I always use it when making pesto.  However, this was not a pesto!!  I'm not sure how they came up with the name for this dish.  It lacked a strong taste, even after I tossed it all in roasted walnut oil.  Hm, it needs a little something and I'm not sure what that would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment