Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wreath Redo

My mother-in-law bought us a wreath as a housewarming gift back in August. It hung on our door until the holidays, when it was replaced by an evergreen wreath (so very New-England). When the holiday wreath finally died two weeks ago, we brought out the housewarming wreath. I lamented to find some of the decorations had lost all color and some were cracking:



So, I wondered what could be done. I couldn't possibly throw it out and buying a new one was too expensive. Then, I got the idea to redo it. I went to Michael's to get ideas. I bought a 5ft spring themed garland, which had floral pieces that unraveled from a long curly wire - that was perfect for the purpose of having bits of decoration to add to a wreath! It wasn't quite enough, so I also bought a candle ring with the same decoration, which added just a little bit more material to work with. All of this cost less than $10.

So, today I pulled off all of the broken pieces. As you can see, it still left plenty of green background to work with. It's also apparent that I had a little "help" from two curious kitties.


So, I got to work and shoved pieces in everywhere and arranged things nicely. I didn't need to use hot glue or the floral wire that I purchased! The pieces all had wire attached and either wedged in nicely, or was easily secured to some other piece. About 15 minutes later, I had a "brand new" wreath on my front door!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Reminds me that I need to get my "after Christmas" wreath out and fixed up too.

    ReplyDelete