Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cheese Tortellini With Spinach, Peas & Brown Butter

1 lb fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
1 cup frozen peas
4 Tbs unsalted butter
1 small bunch spinach, thick stems removed
1 beefsteak tomato, coarsely chopped
salt and pepper

1) Cook the tortellini according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking.
2) Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spinach and tomato and cook, tossing occasionally, until the spinach is wilted and the tomato begins to soften, 4 to 5 minutes more.
3) Add the tortellini, peas, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper to the skillet. Toss to combine.

Review: This looked like such an easy recipe, I just couldn't pass it up. This was pretty tasty, except that I didn't taste the browned butter. I think the next time I make it, I'll use at least 2 Tbs more. I may also need to let it brown more than I did.


Adapted from:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/cheese-tortellin-brown-butter

No comments:

Post a Comment