Saturday, November 16, 2013

King Arthur Flour

I took a baking class at King Arthur Flour today. It was a great excuse to have a romantic getaway with my husband. We stayed at a quaint inn last night. We had dinner across the street, where I had a gluten free veggie burger, topped with tomato, pickled onion and a lettuce leaf bun. Plus, handmade potato chips. So yummy!!

So, here's the highlights of the baking class:

Here's the King Arthur Flour store/cafe/baking education center
 A close up of the baking education center
This is a view of my classroom - I got a seat in the front row!
Mike and I had fun with the cutouts

I made a loaf of bread, though I couldn't eat it due to the milk and butter
 Mike said it was tasty, though

I also made a pizza crust, but before I remembered my need for a photo, we'd already eaten it for lunch!

2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. How wonderful you could go and take a class! I'd like to do that sometime too. So can you make the bread without using dairy?
    Did you get some good recipes you can use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The instructor said the bread should be fine with dairy alternatives. I will definitely be making new recipes. King Arthur Flour has several gluten free recipes & I was told about a couple of great blogs to follow!!

    ReplyDelete