Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

3 Tbs cornstarch
1 1/2 cups almond milk
3 Tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
15oz can pumpkin
gluten free gingersnaps

1) In a saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch and almond milk, over medium heat until bubbly. Reduce heat to low and whisk 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2) Stir in maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside to cool.
3) Once cool, whisk in pumpkin. Refrigerate until cool. Serve with gingersnaps.

Review: I was super excited to try this. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to nutmeg and tend to make my own pumpkin pie spice using all the other ingredients. However, I somehow only have cinnamon! Looks like I forgot to restock some spices . . . so this was more pumpkin flavored than pumpkin spice. It was still good. I think it could have been sweeter (maybe more syrup?) and it doesn't solidify like most pudding. The gingersnaps were a great addition.


Adapted from:
http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/pumpkin-pie-pudding.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment