Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sweet Potato with Miso-Ginger Rice

32oz miso ginger broth
1 lb rice blend
1 large sweet potato, diced
1 cup water

1) Place all ingredients in a large pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes, until the sweet potato and rice are tender.
3) Season with salt to taste and serve hot.

Review: This rice is a new product at Trader Joe's and I bought it on a whim yesterday. I was sure I could find a use for it. I thought the same thing about this broth, but I bought it MONTHS ago. I considered cooking them together, but needed something to spice it up. I then eyeballed the leftover sweet potato from a dish I made last week. Miso and sweet potato is an amazing flavor combination and very popular lately. This made for an easy dish, and a lot of leftovers. The flavor was quite tasty, without any one prevalent flavor. It could be improved with a couple spoonfuls of miso or some minced ginger for a little kick.


No comments:

Post a Comment