Thursday, April 23, 2015

Broiled Zucchini Salad

3 medium zucchini, spiral sliced
French grey salt 
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted

1) Spread zucchini onto a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place under a broiler for 10-15 minutes, or until browned. Watch carefully, as it can burn quickly. 
2) Serve topped with pine nuts. 

Review: My nieces got me a Veggetti for Christmas. I looked forward to using it, but this was my first opportunity to use it. As you can see in the picture, there are three things produced from this tool. On the left is the spiral cut zucchini, the middle is the zucchini core that gets pushed through the middle of the veggetti and on the right is the end of the zucchini that becomes a useless top-shaped zucchini bit. It was a lot of fun to make the zucchini and was quick to do. It made a quick side dish, which was savory and so tasty. I served it as a side with some vegan seafood.  I've been loving those products and got too trusting, since they're vegan and gluten free. These 'crab' cakes had nutmeg in them and I didn't know this until I'd already eaten them. Mike gets my leftovers and I get to spend my night miserably sick from my nutmeg allergy. Eesh.

Adapted from:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/grilled-zucchini-ribbon-salad-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment