Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mushroom & Lentil Pilaf

1 cup sprouted rice blend
2 'not-beef' bouillon cubes
2 Tbs avocado oil
1 leek, white and light green parts chopped
1 lb baby bella mushrooms, diced
15oz can of lentils, rinsed and drained

1) In a medium saucepan, cook rice according to package directions, but add the bouillon cubes to the water.
2) Meanwhile, saute the leeks and mushrooms in oil over medium-high heat, in a large saute pan. Stirring frequently, saute until most of the mushrooms' water has evaporated.
3) One the rice and leek/mushroom mixture has finished cooking, add the rice to the large saute pan, along with the can of lentils. Mix well and heat until hot throughout the mixture. Serve warm.

Review:  I was in such a rush to make all of the holiday dishes, that I didn't pay attention to the recipe I planned to make. Therefore, I had rice already boiling before I realized I was supposed to cook quinoa. My oops turned out for the best, because the hearty flavor of this dish just wouldn't fit with quinoa. This had a deep, earthy flavor that was so very savory. I adored it and non-vegetarian family members asked for the recipe!
Adapted from:
http://thesethingsilove.com/2013/03/mushroom-lentil-quinoa-pilaf/

No comments:

Post a Comment