2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 tsp olive oil, divided
1 cup quinoa
2 large avocados, diced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 cup pitted, marinated olives
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 drops hot sauce
1) To make salad: Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2) Toss cherry tomatoes with 1 tsp olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast 25 minutes, or until tomatoes have rendered their water and look slightly wilted. Transfer to paper towel lined plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
3) Cook quinoa according to package directions. Spread on large plate, stir in remaining 1 tsp olive oil, and cool.
4) To make dressing: Whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, honey, cumin and hot sauce in a bowl.
5) Combine tomatoes, quinoa and avocados in a large bowl. Top with cilantro and olives.
Review: I didn't make this as fancy as it recommended, because I really don't care about presentation. I made this last night and allowed it to refrigerate for a tasty cold salad lunch. The flavors melded together so well and was phenomenal. It was slightly sweet, with an exotic Mediterranean flavor. Which was surprising with the avocado and cilantro. This was simply divine and will make a great potluck dish.
September/October 2016 issue of Vegetarian Times