Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Golden Squash Quinoa

2 delicata squash, seeds removed, halved lengthwise and then sliced
1 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs turmeric
1 cup quinoa

1)  Preheat oven to 400F. On a greased baking sheet, place the squash slices evenly so there is no overlap. Spray with cooking oil (I love olive oil spray) and then dust with salt, garlic powder and turmeric. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the squash can be easily pierced with a fork.
2) In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups of water to the quinoa. Cover and boil for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
3) Serve squash slices over a bed of quinoa.

Review: I got two delicata squashes from the CSA last week. Somehow, this is the first time I've ever had delicata squash.This blows my mind, as I've tried so many obscure versions and yet missed this one. So, I didn't want to go the traditional sweet route with this one. I'm so happy to have found a version with turmeric as it's my new favorite spice. It's so versatile while remaining exotic and fancy. Too bad it stains everything yellow . . . but I digress. It really makes this dish savory. The turmeric balanced with the garlic picked up the sweetness of the squash without being a sugary mess.
Adapted from:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-delicata-squash-with-turmeric/

No comments:

Post a Comment