Sunday, August 12, 2018

Lemony Broccolini with Pecans

2 bunches broccolini, trimmed and chopped
olive oil spray
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
2 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs honey
salt and pepper to taste

1)  Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Spread the broccolini evenly and spray the tops with more olive oil spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
2)  In a large bowl, toss the broccolini, pecans, lemon juice, honey and salt/pepper. Serve warm.

Review:  This recipe has been sitting on my counter for several weeks, as I kept forgetting to buy broccolini! I didn't like the idea of using an actual lemon and using the food processor to make a sauce. I think my instincts were good, as this was way easier and quite tasty. The lemon is barely noticeable and I think it's there more to cut the bitterness of the broccolini and balance the sweetness of the honey. It works. This was pretty tasty and I ate a ridiculous amount of it.
Adapted from:
https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/crunchy-broccolini-with-lemon-pecans

No comments:

Post a Comment