Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mint Pesto Pasta

16oz package uncooked linguini pasta
6 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
20 fresh basil leaves
10 fresh mint leaves
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup pine nuts
3 Tbs Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs ricotta cheese
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place linguini in the pot, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 Tbs water.
2) In a blender or food processor, blend the reserved water, tomatoes, basil, mint, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper until smooth. Toss with the cooked pasta to serve.

Review: This was a dish that my husband enjoyed more than I did. The tomatoes didn't seem to belong, but that may be because I love pesto so much and I didn't taste the basil, mint and pine nuts over the taste of tomatoes and garlic. I think I'd leave out the tomatoes and double the rest of the ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment