Saturday, February 28, 2009

Linguine With Light Tomato Cream Sauce

10 oz linguine
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 can (32oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup basil pesto
2 Tbs capers, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup pine nuts
freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste

1) Cook linguine, per package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
2) Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the garlic. Stir for a moment, then add the tomatoes, bring to a rapid simmer, and cook until reduced to a medium sauce consistency, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream, pesto and capers.
3) Pour the sauce over the hot pasta and toss to combine. Top with the pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.

Review: I don't think I simmered the tomatoes long enough, so my sauce was fairly runny. I adapted the recipe to our tastes, also, as the original called for 2 Tbs of pine nuts. Who uses so little? I almost toasted them, as all of my recent recipes called for toasting and I've grown accustomed to it. They're yummy raw, too, though.

Made again on 2/23/2011, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment