Friday, July 2, 2010

World's Largest Zucchini Blossom

Well, at least I think so.  This is what I found this morning as I watered my garden.  I've had some Black Beauty zucchinis (an heirloom variety) growing for awhile, but this morning was the first time the blossom has been open.

Here's the blossom:

The zucchini attached to it:

And a comparison shot with my tomato plant, so you can really see how big it is:

And, I watered the concrete again.  It's hard to not be messy when watering 5 minutes after waking up.  :)

And, here's a shot of my golden zucchinis (NOT yellow squash):

I have no idea why they're growing in a curl, but it's weird.  These aren't growing nearly as well as my other zucchini, but I'm optimistic it will catch up.   

We're also harvesting two strawberries every night.  Odd luck, but it's working well for us. 

1 comment:

  1. So cool!!
    It's so much fun to grow your own food!!
    I only have 1 tomato plant - 5 or 6 green tomatoes.
    I can't wait - I just hope the deer don't get them.

    ReplyDelete