Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Herb-Roasted Squash & Jerusalem Artichokes

1lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 lb small Jerusalem artichokes, unpeeled and scrubbed
1 medium red onion, trimmed and cut into wedges
1 1/2 Tbs garlic oil
1 Tbs minced fresh rosemary
1 Tbs minced fresh thyme

1) Preheat oven to 425F.
2) Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and spread on baking sheet.
3) Roast 1 hour, or until vegetables are soft and golden, turning several times with spatula.

Review: I've seen several recipes that ask for Jerusalem artichokes (aka sunchoke):


However, I never ever saw them in the store - until a couple of weeks ago! I stumbled upon them at Whole Foods and had to rummage through my recipes and found this one. It was made by my husband, as I had a dentist appointment after work. This was nearly done when I came home and I was super excited. The Jerusalem artichokes tasted like a combination of potatoes and mushrooms, a very earthy flavor. It was a great combination with the butternut squash. Notably, there were no leftovers and I believe this was merely a side dish recipe.


Adapted from:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/herb-roasted-squash-and-jerusalem-artichokes/

No comments:

Post a Comment