Sunday, May 27, 2012

Strawberry Balsamic Basil Pops

3 cups fresh hulled or thawed frozen strawberries
2 Tbs chopped basil
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar

1) Place strawberries in a glass or plastic bowl with basil. Top with sugar and balsamic vinegar. Toss and let marinate for 1 hour.
2) Pour the marinated mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Mix well and pour into ice-pop molds. Insert sticks and freeze for about 8 hours.

Review: The recipe I loosely followed told me this would fill a set of 4 pops that each held 3.5oz of pop. I have two sets of these and this recipe filled both sets (8 pops). I'm not sure what happened, but luckily I had two sets! This recipe intrigued me because adding balsamic vinegar to frozen desserts seems to be very trendy. For these, it added a bit of tang, while the basil added a bit of spicy. Overall, I'm not "wowed" by the flavor, but I do feel a little gourmand when I eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment