Sunday, March 31, 2013

Couscous With Carrots, Spinach & Pistachios

1 cup couscous
2 carrots, grated
3 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup chopped pistachios

1) Cook couscous according to package directions.
2) While the couscous is still warm, fold in the carrots, spinach and pistachios.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.

Review: I made this for Easter dinner. I misread the package directions and ended up using the whole box of couscous (about 4 cups). This meant I made enough to feed about 20 people. I fortunately had 11 people at dinner, but I still have enough to feed me all week. This was tasty, without all the flavors in balance. I particularly liked the addition of pistachios, which softened in the moist heat.


Adapted from:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/couscous-carrots-spinach-pistachios

1 comment:

  1. Leftovers for lunch today. I added Shallot Salt from Penzeys Spices. It was an absolutely wonderful flavor addition! http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysshallotsalt.html

    ReplyDelete