Saturday, October 5, 2013

Balsamic Sauteed Chard & Lentils

1 17.6 oz package of cooked lentils
1 bunch Swiss chard
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbs olive oil
4 Tbs balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

1) In a skillet, heat olive oil. Saute garlic for one minute, or until fragrant.
2) Add lentils and chard. Saute 3 to 5 minutes, until chard begins to wilt.
3) Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Combine.

Review: I love making dinner with fresh greens from my garden!! I made this an easier recipe by buying the lentils precooked (sold in the produce aisle at Trader Joe's). The original recipe called for fancy lentils that cooked for more than half an hour! I also used Trader Joe's Balsamic Glaze instead of just balsamic vinegar. It's sweeter and thicker. It's my new favorite condiment! Overall, this was a filling, hearty dinner. It's also vitamin-packed.


Adapted from:
http://www.theglutenfreevegan.com/2012/01/balsamic-sauteed-chard-and-lentils-du-puy/

No comments:

Post a Comment