Sunday, September 29, 2013

Zucchini Pancakes

3 zucchini
3 eggs
1 cup corn meal
salt and cayenne pepper to taste
oil for cooking
optional toppings - additional eggs or avocado

1) Use a mandoline or food processor to finely grate or julienne the zucchini.
2) In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, eggs, corn meal, salt and cayenne to taste, until combined.
3) Heat skillet over medium heat. Add a tsp of oil (I used coconut oil) and drop spoonfuls of zucchini batter into the skillet, flattening each with the back of the spoon. Cook four minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
4) Optional - top with fried egg or sliced avocado.

Review: I keep believing that I've harvested the last of my zucchini. Yet, the garden keeps producing more! This was a great way to serve up a vegetable that I'm close to being tired of! It tasted slightly like hashbrowns, but the crispy green zucchini flavor was still there. I ended up not topping it with anything, as it was so tasty on it's own. I do believe the cayenne pepper gives a better flavor than black pepper for this particular dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment