Saturday, November 15, 2014

Cajun Scrambled Chickpeas with Zucchini

2 15oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped frozen onion
1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin half-moons
1 Tbs Cajun spice blend
1 Tbs chopped thyme

1) Mash chickpeas in medium bowl with fork.
2) Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute 5 to 7 minutes. Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, Cajun spice and thyme. Cook 5 minutes, adding up to 1/4 cup water if mixture seems too dry. Serve garnished with a sprinkling of thyme.

Review: My potato masher does a great job with potatoes. It has large gaps that make it easy to clean. However, this feature made it difficult to smash chickpeas!! Most of the gaps were larger than the chickpeas, so I had to strategize a bit. After that hurdle, this was easy! I quickly made this for lunch. I thought it wouldn't be very filling, but I couldn't finish my bowl! It had a great taste and felt like I was eating a substantial meal.


Adapted from:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/cajun-scrambled-chickpeas-with-zucchini/

No comments:

Post a Comment