12 oz pasta
2 pt cherry tomatoes, halved
4 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs tomato paste
1 Tbs onion powder
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch Swiss chard, trimmed and chopped
15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat until fragrant.
3) Add Swiss chard and tomatoes. Stir occasionally until Swiss chard is wilted and tender, and the tomatoes have all 'popped.'
4) Add tomato paste, onion powder and chickpeas. Stir until thoroughly warm.
5) Combine mixture with pasta and serve warm.
Review: The original directions called for making this all in one pot. However, since I'm using gluten-free pasta, I wasn't sure the recipe would work the same. I think doing it the way I did ultimately would be better. I made a great sauce with the tomatoes and chard that was incredibly savory and tasty. I adored this and it really didn't take that long to make!