Saturday, October 13, 2018

Roasted Bell Pepper & Olive Tapenade

16oz jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
9.5oz jar pitted kalamata olives, drained
1/2 cup parsley
1/8 cup olive oil
3 Tbs red wine vinegar

1)  Place all ingredients in food processor.
2)  Pulse until well blended, but still chunky.
3)  Refrigerate at least four hours, to allow the flavors to meld.
4)  Serve with pita chips, crackers, or sliced vegetables.

Review:  This was another lesson in 'read the whole recipe before proceeding.' I was at the grocery store and had two red bell peppers in my cart. As I picked out olives, I saw roasted red bell peppers in a jar. I quickly panicked and reviewed the recipe, as I've made this mistake before. Yup, the recipe wanted me to roast my bell peppers. I've done that before and it is a hot, slimy mess. It doesn't really taste any different than the jarred stuff, but IS SO MUCH WORK. Just buy the jar, trust me. This came together in just a few minutes, which is always great. It was very flavorful and tangy, but the parsley was a little too much.
Adapted from:
https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/red-bell-pepper-and-olive-tapenade

No comments:

Post a Comment