Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Green Bean & Pasta Salad

1 box penne
2 cups green beans, halved crosswise
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
4 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs white wine vinegar
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

1) Cook pasta according to the package directions, but add the green beans for the last three minutes of cooking.  Drain and run under cold water to cool.
2) In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta and green beans with the kidney beans, parsley and Parmesan.
3) In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.  Mix this dressing with the salad.
4) Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Review:  I had planned to make this Sunday night, for dinner on Monday night.   But, I forgot until about bedtime and it was too late then.  So, it got scheduled to be made last night.  Except that both Mike and I forgot!!  So, Mike remembered this morning, before work.  Crap.  So, it was a joint effort to make it this morning, though Mike pulled it all together and cooked the pasta.  This wasn't fun to make at 6am!!!!  But, we got it made and had dinner waiting for us when we got home.

I doubled the recipe from the original instructions, as it made only two servings.  I prefer to have four, so that we have dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day.  Except I somehow ended up with about six servings.  I may have used too many green beans!  This was ok, but it seemed to lack some flavor.  I'd like to dress up the dressing, but am not sure how.  I almost considered chipotle, but that's my default added flavor.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment