Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gnocchi With Fava Beans

2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 19oz can fava beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup prepared roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
1 13.75oz can water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 lb pkg vacuum-packed gnocchi

1) Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add fava beans, red peppers and artichoke hearts, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and cook 2 minutes more, or until heated through.
2) Meanwhile, prepare gnocchi according to package directions. Drain. Transfer gnocchi to large serving bowl, and spoon fava bean mixture over top. Serve hot.

Review: I've seen so many recipes for fava beans, but could NEVER find them in Idaho. So, last week I saw them in the produce section of Whole Foods (vacuum packed package of fresh beans). I bought them, and then couldn't find any of those recipes! I did an online search and found this recipe. My husband then made it for me tonight. He did a great job and the flavor combination was superb! I found I love fava beans and need to look for the rest of those recipes!


Adapted from:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/gnocchi-with-fava-beans/

No comments:

Post a Comment