Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sabra Hummus Deviled Eggs

6 eggs
1/3 cup + 1 Tbs Sabra hummus
2 Tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp relish
paprika for garnish

1) Place eggs in pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off the heat and let sit for 14 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and run cold water over the eggs. Cool eggs 10 minutes.
2) Remove shells when cool. Cut in half and scoop out the yolk and reserve in bowl of a food processor. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
3) Add hummus, olive oil, pepper and salt to the yolks and puree in the food processor. Add the relish and pulse 3-5 times to incorporate.
4) Put the yolk mixture in a piping bag. (Use a tall glass and fold the edges of the piping bag over the glass to make it easier to transfer the mixture.) Pipe about a teaspoon of the mixture into each of the egg white halves and sprinkle with paprika.

Review: I was chosen to host a Sabra sponsored party (see above post). I was supposed to have the party last week, but there was a family event conflict and we had power outage issues. I had everything lined up today, when once again, we lost power. My wonderful home in the woods of New England is proving to be a dangerous spot to be in, electricity-wise. Thankfully, my mother-in-law allowed us to host the party at her house, despite having international guests! It turned out to be a neat reception to their arrival, thankfully.

However, in all of today's chaos, I had little attention for details. Therefore, I thought the hummus completely replaced the egg filling. I tossed all the yolks into a bowl for my husband to make sandwich fixings (he mixes it with mayo, and tuna or salmon). Yet, simply having hummus and relish as the filling was a hit at the party! Everyone ate them and they were quickly gone. I wonder how they'd taste with the egg yolks mixed in? And, I topped these with smoked paprika, as it's just tastier than regular paprika.



Adapted from:
http://sabra.com/recipes/Hummus-Deviled-Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment