Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Roasted Zucchini With Pistachios & Mint

6 medium zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
2 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup roasted pistachios
2 Tbs mint leaves, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice

1) Preheat oven to 475F. Toss zucchini with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place zucchini cut side down on 2 baking sheets, making sure they aren't crowded. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned on bottom. Flip zucchini over onto serving platter.
2) Place pistachios, mint, garlic and lemon zest in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Drizzle lemon juice over zucchini and sprinkle pistachio mixture over the top.

Review: First of all, I never use zest. My lemon juice comes from a plastic lemon in the fridge. Zest seems like a waste and I've never gotten into using it. But, I also forgot to use the lemon juice! I was hungry and served this up before I realized I'd missed a step. But, this was still incredibly tasty. I have a bumper crop of zucchini this year (it doesn't take much!) and have had to get creative to stay interested in eating it nearly every day. This was savory from the roasting and the pistachios, but the mint gave it a coolness that really finished the dish. So yummy!!


Adapted from:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/roasted-zucchini-with-pistachios-and-mint/

No comments:

Post a Comment