Friday, August 29, 2014

Satay Noodle

8oz fettuccine
2 Tbs olive oil
1 bunch bok choy, greens chopped, stems discarded
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 bunch radishes, halved and sliced
3 Tbs almond butter
3 Tbs unseasoned rice vinegar
3 Tbs honey
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha sauce

1) Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) In a saute pan, heat the oil and add the bok choy and zucchini. Saute until bok choy is wilted and zucchini becomes tender.
3) Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce and sriracha sauce.
4) In a large bowl, combine the fettuccine, bok choy & zucchini mixture, radishes and sauce.

Review: I tried a different fettuccine and it didn't work well. Many of the strands stuck together and formed large clumps that didn't cook fully. Gluten free pasta that works like regular pasta can be really difficult to find! I hadn't had a chance to drive to Trader Joe's for pasta and took a chance on a new brand. Eek, looks like I'm just going to have to stock up at Trader Joe's and stick with what works!! Otherwise, this dish was simply ok. I thought it would be as tasty as the last almond butter sauce I made, but it wasn't. I did like the contrast of radish and bok choy. Maybe I'll try again with good pasta and my other almond butter recipe!


Adapted from:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/satay-noodle-salad/

No comments:

Post a Comment