Monday, August 18, 2014

Vanilla, Apricot & Bourbon Popsicles

1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups apricot juice
4 oz bourbon
2 Tbs sugar
pinch of salt

1) Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Pour mixture into popsicle molds - should fill 10 3oz molds or 8 4oz molds.
3) Freeze at least four hours before enjoying.

Review: I loved making popsicles, but realllllly liked the idea of popsicles with more of an adult flair. I found this recipe and gleefully put it together. However, it was an epic disaster. I must have realllllly small popsicle molds. I filled seven (one broke a while back) and still had more than half of my mixture left! I filled two ice cube trays and still had enough left to fill a 16oz glass (which I drank after dinner). I made this last night and looked forward to trying it tonight as a popsicle (it was too sweet as a drink, though I still drank it all last night). As soon as I attempted to eat the popsicle, it broke in half. It wasn't fully frozen, likely because it had too much alcohol (though two little bottles is only about 3.5oz!!). I ended up dumping it in a glass with a few of the ice cube pieces I made and ate it with a spoon. I loooooooved the flavor. However, I'll make it again with half the juice and even less booze! Though, this may be a great drink idea, when made into a frozen concoction using an ice cream maker.




Adapted from:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/vanilla-apricot-bourbon

No comments:

Post a Comment