Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tequila Sunrise Sorbet

1 banana, broken into pieces
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup tequila
1 cup pomegranate seeds

1) Puree banana and sugar in a food processor until smooth. Add orange juice and tequila and puree until combined.
2) Chill mixture in refrigerator until cold, then churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. When sorbet is thick and creamy, add pomegranate seeds and churn until incorporated. Transfer to 1-quart container and freeze.

Review: My goal is to make frozen alcoholic drinks with my ice cream machine to make my summer a little more fun. I figure it would be nice to always have them on hand and just scoop them out of the freezer. However, this was a little less of a frozen alcoholic drink and much more of a sorbet due to the banana. However, I added a little more tequila to my glass and let it melt a little before drinking and the problem was solved! This was super tasty, but heavy on the banana flavor. Also, this concoction filled my food processor bowl up to the inner limit (the top of the hole that the the blade sits on), so it made quite the mess when I poured it from the food processor bowl into my ice cream machine. Ugh, what a sticky mess!!
Adapted from:
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/tequila-sunrise-sorbet/

No comments:

Post a Comment