Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cauliflower Grain Salad

1 cup bulgur
2 cups water
1 bag frozen chopped cauliflower
1/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped roughly
2 Tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp chopped tarragon
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard

1) Cook bulgur and water over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Mix in frozen cauliflower and cook until water is absorbed fully and cauliflower is no longer frozen.
2) In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Mix this dressing in with the bulgur and cauliflower. Serve warm and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Review: I got the recipe from a newspaper article that was sent to me by my in-laws, which had 101 salad ideas. There were no real hard and fast amounts for the ingredients, so I guessed and I think my cooking experiments have finally taught me to figure some of this out on my own!! This turned out pretty well (once we added salt, prior it seemed to be missing something) and had a nice tangy taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment