Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pumpkin Gratin

1 (2 1/2 lb) pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/3 cup chopped parsley
2 Tbs chopped fresh sage, or 1 Tbs dried rubbed sage
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup breadcrumbs

1) Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x13 inch baking dish or gratin dish with nonstick spray.
2) Toss pumpkin cubes with garlic, parsley, sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil.
3) Bake 1 hour, or until pumpkin begins to soften and brown around the edges, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, and toss with cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake 15 minutes more, or until top is golden brown.

Review: Ew. I forgot how much I hate the inside of a pumpkin. It's incredibly time consuming to peel and cube a pumpkin. Fortunately, this was yummy. However, pumpkin really shrinks after it's cooked and it made less food than I had expected. And I had thrown out part of the pumpkin, since the smallest I could find was a 6 lb pumpkin and I thought half the pumpkin would be enough for the recipe (a little more than was called for). So, I guess this is definitely not much more than a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment