Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pasta With Brie, Mushrooms & Arugula

12oz penne
1 Tbs olive oil
1 lb button mushrooms, quartered
1 small red onion, sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
kosher salt and black pepper
8oz Brie, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups baby arugula

1) Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
2) Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook, tossing occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
3) Toss the pasta with the Brie and reserved pasta water until the pasta is coated. Stir in the mushroom mixture and arugula.

Review: I used some shallots instead of red onion. I also used baby spinach instead of arugula, as Mike always thinks arugula is too bitter. Mike also asked that I recommend leaving the brie at room temperature, as I cleaned up the brie and put it back in the fridge while I made the rest of the dish. Therefore, when I added the brie and served it, it was an odd mix of hot food and cold cheese. The dish was “ok.” I thought it would be yummier than it was and was a little disappointed. I’m not sure what went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment