Monday, April 26, 2010

Two Pea Pasta With Ricotta & Tarragon

coarse salt and ground pepper
12oz gemelli or other short pasta
12oz sugar snap peas, stem ends removed (and, if necessary, strings)
1 pkg (10oz) frozen peas
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish (optional)
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese

1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than al dente. Add snap peas; cook 2 minutes, add peas, and cook 1 minute more. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and vegetables, and return to pot.
2) Toss pasta and vegetables with butter, tarragon, and ricotta, adding a little reserved pasta water as needed to create a thin sauce that coats pasta; season with salt and pepper.
3) Divide pasta among four serving bowls, and garnish with tarragon, if desired. Serve immediately.

Review: This dish was mostly peas, and light on the pasta. My bag of peas were 12oz and I didn’t want to toss 2oz of peas back in the freezer. I also used 15oz of ricotta, since there was so much food. It made a lot of food and was filling. However, I’ve decided I really don’t like tarragon. It makes things taste sweet and perfumey. This dish was too sweet and I wasn’t a big fan. Mike liked it, however, and I believe most people will.

No comments:

Post a Comment