Sunday, April 18, 2010

Updates

There will be few blog posts this week, as I’m revisiting old favorites. Yum!

Also, I had a busy day planting my garden. Hopefully I’ll have more success this year, as I learned from last year’s mistakes, and I started the garden earlier in the season. So what am I growing?

Ozark Beauty Strawberries (leftover from last year, I should have fruit this year!)
Black Beauty Zucchini (an heirloom)
Golden Squash Zucchini
Red Bell Pepper (thank goodness, these are $2-3 a piece at the grocery store!)
German Johnson Tomatoes (an heirloom & it's pink)
Sweet Basil
Gerbera Daisy (leftover from last year, thanks Kim!)
Janik Morning Glories (my nieces’ gift just keeps on giving) =)

And, of course, I still need to start a container of cat grass and I have lots of catnip growing in the bathroom. Also, my garden is still organic and in containers. It’s an interesting garden, but it’s a fun way to help out the grocery bill.

2 comments:

  1. I was horribly depressed to find, what I believed was last year's gerbera daisy returning, blooming tonight. Yellow. As in it's a ginormous crop of dandelions, that I've been nurturing and fertilizing. Crap. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - sorry about your dandelions - How about a salad? Or wine? :)

    Good luck with your garden this year. It sounds great. Wish we had enough sun to grow tomatoes. Maybe Meg will -- and maybe she'll give some.

    ReplyDelete