Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vacationing In France

I won a trip to France and have been enjoying my week in La Baule.  I get to stay at a 5 star restaurant and get one gourmet meal a day.  I've had some incredibly fancy appetizers and desserts.  My favorite so far was a puff pastry filled with goat cheese and honey.  Mmmm.  However, my entrees have been a little less than spectacular.  Why?  Apparently France doesn't have many vegetarians.  The wait staff and chef have been incredibly gracious in designing dishes for me, but are admittedly at a loss for ideas.  Bummer.

Oh, and I may have committed a cardinal sin, per my New Haven CT friends.  I ate French pizza and LOOOOOOOOVED it.  The crust was so thin and flaky, there were spices on the bottom of the crust and the flavor combination was wonderful.  I may now be banned from Wooster Street . . . .

But, I do plan on learning how to make chocolate croissants.  Yum.

 creamed asparagus with goat cheese

 ice cream with Grand Marnier brulee and a cookie

chocolate cake

No comments:

Post a Comment