Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Potatoes!

Tonight I made Swiss Chard & Potato Toss.  And, in the process, I got to update an old recipe with a picture.

But, it was a bit of an ordeal to get the groceries for the recipe.  I needed fingerling potatoes, but my local grocery store was out.  I looked in the organic section and found some interesting fingerlings (Russian Banana, French Red), but they were all quite sprouted.  I decided to try my luck and then look at Costco for fingerling potatoes.  Fortunately, I found a great 2 lb bag.  This allowed me to double the recipe as I had planned, without having a bunch of leftover potatoes!  Here's the mix:


And, yes those are purple potatoes!  Wanna see the inside?


So fun!!  It also made the boiling water a blueish hue, which looked very odd.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment