Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lavender Infused Lemonade

1/4 cup lavender
1 cup sugar
2 cups lemon juice

1) Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once it reaches boiling, remove from heat and steep lavender for 10 minutes (1/4 cup is roughly what fits in my tea strainer). Remove tea and pour the water into a heat-safe pitcher.
2) Pour sugar into the pitcher and mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
3) Add lemon juice and 4 cups of water. Refrigerate and enjoy once cooled.

Review: The recipe I used called for different proportions (1 cup of lavender, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup lemon juice and 4 cups water), but I thought that's too much sugar and lavender is too expensive to use that much. Regardless of the fact that I got a great deal on lavender at TJ Maxx, I didn't want to use half my container on a 1/2 pitcher of lemonade! My proportions worked great. The infused water had a purple tinge to it, which didn't taint the color of the lemonade that much. It was tasty lemonade, with a hint of floral/spicy lavender.




No comments:

Post a Comment