Monday, September 2, 2013

Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/8 tsp cayenne
24oz ruby red grapefruit juice
6oz tequila

1) To make the simple syrup, combine the water, sugar and cayenne in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and continue heating until the sugar is dissolved and the cayenne is blended. Cool in the fridge - ideally it'll be able to chill there for an hour or two before making the drinks.
2) Mix the syrup, juice and tequila in a pitcher. Shake and serve over ice.

Review: This is a variation of a recipe I found online. I doubled their recipe and found I had not bought enough tequila. Therefore, my margarita recipe had half the called for tequila and it was plenty strong!! Their recipe also called for twice the cayenne I have here. Mike's family unanimously agreed it was too much cayenne. However, they also all agreed the drink was tasty. I thought it was a nice twist on the typical margarita and perfect for my taco birthday party!

I don't have fancy margarita glasses, so the picture is the remainder from my party, in the pitcher:


Adapted from:
http://www.thelifestyledblog.com/spicy-grapefruit-margarita/

No comments:

Post a Comment