Sunday, September 7, 2014

Rosemary Berry Punch

1 bunch rosemary
1 pint blackberries
1 bottle merlot
raspberry or blackberry liquor

1) Drop 5 blackberries and 1 sprig of rosemary (broken in half) into each of 6 rocks glasses; muddle.
2) Add ice, if desired, then fill each glass with 4oz merlot; stir.
3) Top with a splash of berry liquor.

Review: This recipe originally called for raspberry liquor, such as Chambord. However, I hate raspberries. So, I figured I would try to hunt down blackberry liquor instead. I put it off, as I still had all of my booze in my in-laws' basement as it didn't fit in our cars for the move. Last weekend, we brought the booze (and the rest of the misc crap we stored away in their basement) back from CT. Oddly, I didn't have a single bottle of merlot, but had a little bottle of blackberry liquor! I guess it was a stocking stuffer from last Christmas. Pretty random, but it totally worked out. I looooved this drink! It has a strong rosemary flavor, with the merlot perked up by blackberries. It'd make a great party drink, but will just be my drink du jour for the week.


Adapted from:
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/berry-punch

No comments:

Post a Comment