Sunday, August 1, 2010

Orzo Salad With Zucchini & Feta

8oz orzo
3 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 1/4 lbs small zucchini, cut into thin half-moons
8oz feta, crumbled
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill

1) Cook the orzo according to the package directions.  Drain and run under cold water to cool.
2) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, red pepper, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Add the zucchini and let marinate, tossing occasionally, for 20 minutes.
3) Add the orzo, feta and dill to the zucchini mixture, and toss to combine.

Review:  Yay, I love making dishes using my freshly harvested produce!  I used the zucchini I pulled from the garden this morning and it was quite flavorful!!  Way better than the stuff at the grocery store.  Yum.  So, this recipe was pretty easy.  I let the zucchini marinate while I waited for the water to boil (takes longer at my high altitude) and then for the pasta to cook.  So, by the time I was done rinsing the pasta (actually Mike finished the recipe), it was done marinating and dinner was served.  Easy, fast, and yummy.   Oh, and I used rotini, because Dreamfield's doesn't yet make a low-carb orzo.  I'll suggest orzo the next time they ask for ideas, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment