Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spaghetti With Zucchini, Walnuts & Raisins

12oz spaghetti
3 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 1/2 pounds small zucchini, cut into thin half-moons
3/4 cup raisins
Kosher salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

1) Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
2) Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
3) Add the zucchini and raisins to the skillet, season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
4) Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta and toss to combine.  Sprinkle with the Parmesan before serving.

Review:  So, this recipe was originally slated to be cooked last week.  However, when I went to make it, the walnuts were nowhere to be found.  We remember buying them and remember taking them out of the bag once we got home.  Neither of us ate them, so it's a big mystery.  So, instead I made the recipe by substituting capers for the walnuts and raisins (I don't like raisins and left them out both times).  It was pretty delicious.  But, I didn't take a picture.  And, I used grocery store zucchini last time.  This time, I used my yellow & green zucchinis, fresh from the garden, and had new walnuts to use.  Both recipes were delicious, but the original is incredible.  The walnuts roasted in oil provides a really rich flavor that I can't describe.  It's so good, I plan on making it again next week!!!!!  YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment