Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stir-Fried Pasta & Broccoli Rabe With Miso Pesto

1 lb orecchiette
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
4 cups fresh basil leaves
3 Tbs white miso
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lb broccoli rabe, chopped and blanched (can be substituted with
small broccoli florets, chard or spinach)
15oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking water, and rinse. Set aside.
2) Put garlic, pine nuts and salt in food processor, and chop. Add basil, and process until minced. Add miso, and process until combined. With machine running, slowly stream in 3 Tbs. olive oil, and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
3) Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli rabe, and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
4) Add pasta, beans, reserved pesto and pasta cooking water. Stir-fry until well combined and heated through. Serve hot.

Review: Oops - I had planned on using baby spinach, but instead used Swiss Chard.  I have a recipe later in the week that needed that green!  Now, I have to substitute with baby spinach.  However, this was really good with the Swiss Chard.  The pesto was yummy, as it had a nice tang from the miso, combined with the yummy basil.  I really liked this.  Yum. 



I also chopped up some veggies for the rest of the week, to make prep time quicker.  However, it was a chore and a half, since my right ring finger is splinted.  Yesterday, I shaved off part of that finger, and a portion of the nail, in my mandoline.  So, it's bandaged and splinted, as the splint helps protect the open nailbed from hurting when I inevitably touch something.  Ah, my kitchen adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment