Friday, February 11, 2011

Greek 7 Layer Dip

1 1/2 cups hummus
1 cup tzatziki sauce
1 cup tomato, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup cucumber, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup feta, crumbled
1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 handful mint, chopped
bag of pita chips


Directions:
1) Assemble dip starting with the hummus and stacking each ingredient on top of the last.
2) Serve with pita chips.

Review:  It's pretty standard to see 7 layer dips of the Mexican variety at parties.  It's yummy, but a little ordinary at this point.  I stumbled across this recipe and thought it would be perfect for the next party I go to.  Tonight, we went to the party for the interviewees that are trying to get into the doctorate program Mike is in.  This was a HUGE hit.  Everyone loved it, which made me incredibly happy!  I bought the hummus, tzatziki sauce, feta and kalamata olives all at Costco (so I have leftovers).  I feared I would have to make the tzatziki sauce from scratch and was worried about the daunting task.  I also contemplated buying a side from the Greek restaurant in town.  I lucked out when I saw it at Costco and may have squealed with glee in the store.  Anyway, it was pretty easy to pull together and everyone loved it.  And, I have at least two new readers for my blog.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment