Monday, February 21, 2011

I Made A Quilt!!

In anticipation of moving back to the East Coast, I began making plans to make our two cats quilts for their crates.  It will be a loooooong drive, and the fleece blankets didn't seem substantial enough for five days in a crate for Dmitri when we moved from Maine to Idaho three years ago.  So, I received Quilting For Dummies for Christmas and have been studying it ever since.  As I read each chapter, I obtained supplies as described in that chapter.  Finally, I had a 3 day weekend and everything I needed.

So, I bought batting for a twin size quilt and divided it into fourths.  That will be two quilts for each kitty.  Dmitri got to have the first quilt.  I kept it pretty basic, not using quilting squares or any patterns.  I just had enough fabric to cover the top and bottom, then a different color for the edging.  It wasn't perfect, but Dmitri liked it just fine:


Then, Katya got jealous and wanted to hide under it, too.  So she kicked Dmitri out and hid:


Then Dmitri contemplated smashing her for it, but decided to be nice and let her hide:


So, I'm going to learn from my mistakes and start putting together Katya's quilt. Maybe tomorrow . . .

1 comment: