Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pizza Due To Flood

My shower concluded yesterday morning with Mike racing up the stairs to tell me the kitchen had flooded.  Happy Monday!  The utility room and laundry room had standing water and it was seeping into the kitchen.  I later discovered it had also seeped into the living room.

We promptly called the landlord, who explained that it's happened to several condos.  The settling concrete from the patio was busting pipes open all across the complex.  Great.  Three hours later, the concrete guys were out to tear up the patio and the plumber restored my ability to use water by 5:30pm.  A carpet cleaning crew arrived this morning to clean up the living room.

The day was fraught with crises.  I ran out at one point to purchase a LARGE canister of Clorox wipes and a baby gate to keep the kitties away.  The smallest kitty discovered she could squeeze through the bars and then got her hip stuck, bringing the gate crashing down on her.  She came out of the ordeal unscathed somehow.  I had to move two bookcases full of movies out of the way, due to flooding.  They were moved into the kitchen, blocking the dishwasher.  I had to use the bathroom at the convenience store.  And, I got to "mop" the kitchen on my hands and knees with Clorox wipes.

So, I was tired (and today I'm sore) and fed up with everything.  When Mike got home, he offered to cook dinner, but the kitchen was understandably a wreck.  So, he ordered pizza and brought it home.  I'm so lucky to have a wonderful husband.  And, I'm happy life has been restored and I got to cook Mexican Pasta tonight.  What a relief!  The living room is still a wreck, but there's less pressure to get that back to normalcy.  :)





1 comment:

  1. What a mess. At least they didn't have to dig through 3 ft. of snow and ice too. I'm glad they were able to fix it so quickly.

    ReplyDelete